On June 1, 2019, Wabash Communications acquired Reliable Wireless Solutions. Wabash is thrilled to become your internet provider and continually evolve with you, our customer.
Below, you’ll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We’ll add to this list as more questions arise, but please know that you can reach out to us anytime at 419.942.1111 or 800.988.1618 (tf).
Welcome to Wabash!
About the Acquisition
- Why did Wabash acquire Reliable Wireless Solutions?
The Reliable Wireless team was looking for the opportunity to place more focus on its Reliable Business Solutions venture, which offers network and data security solutions for businesses. With both companies’ customers in mind, Reliable Wireless and Wabash agreed the acquisition would be a great fit for everyone involved. Wabash looks forward to bringing you the best in wireless internet service our customers already enjoy.
- Is Reliable Business Solutions selling too?
No. Reliable Business Solutions, offering network and data security solutions for businesses, is remaining. Their team looks forward to focusing solely on this side of their business.
- How will this acquisition impact me as a past Reliable customer?
Your internet service should transfer seamlessly, with no or very little downtime. We do need a bit of information from you to complete your Wabash account. Please call our office anytime at 800.988.1618. We’re excited to double your speed (or more!) right away to bring you a better internet experience.
- How will this acquisition impact me as a Wabash customer?
It’s business as usual! As a Wabash customer, you already enjoy some of the fastest wireless speeds offered. However, if you know anyone around the Ft. Loramie, Minster and Versailles area who would enjoy Wabash service, refer them for a $25 credit to your account, and $25 off their first bill.
Account & Billing Information
- Will my bill increase?
Maybe. Check the amount in the initial letter from Wabash. Many customers’ bill decreased, but a few increased to bring them to speeds in our offering. All customer package speeds will at least double. If you’d like to lower your bill, there are a few options.
– Refer friends! For every friend that mentions your name when they order service, you will both receive a $25 bill credit.
– Sign up for paperless + auto pay. This will give you a one-time $5 credit.
– Pay for a full year’s service and save 1 month’s payment.
- What is the billing schedule?
Wabash Communication bills are sent on the 15th of each month, with payments due the last day of the month to avoid late fees. If you miss a payment, a notice will be sent 10 days prior to the disconnect date, which is around the 14th of each month.
If you chose to pay annually, you’ll receive 1 month’s service free. The annual payment is due each year at the end of the month you began annual payment.
- Will I need to send payment to a different place?
Yes. Payment will be made to Wabash Communications. We have several options available to pay your bill. If you need help with any of these options, please call us at 800.988.1618.
– Online (recommended): Go to wabash.com, select Bill Pay at the top right corner. After you set up your account, you can select to have your bill paid automatically with a credit card or through a bank account, make a one-time payment, opt out of a paper bill, etc.
– Mail: If you chose to get a paper statement, a check can be sent to our office at 6670 Wabash Road, Celina, Ohio 45822.
– Phone: You can pay your bill by phone with a credit card, debit card or checking account 24/7 at 419.942.1111 or 800.988.1618.
– Office: We love seeing our customers! Stop by either of our offices to make a payment by cash, check or card.
- Do I have to change my online pay info?
Yes. In order to continue service, you will need to set up a SmartHub account. You can do so, but going to wabash.com and clicking Bill Pay at the top right corner. Or, feel free to call us at 800.988.1618 for other options or questions. We highly recommend customers to setup SmartHub to have access to their account. SmartHub is always evolving to bring you a better Wabash experience.
In SmartHub, if you select automatic payments and paperless billing, you’ll receive a one-time $5.00 bill credit.
- Do I need to update anything with my bank?
If you currently pay by electronic funds transfer (EFT), you will need to update the information to ensure payment is made to Wabash Communications.
If you do not currently pay EFT, but would like to, you can set this information in SmartHub, or contact us at 800.988.1618.
- Can I pay my bill annually?
Yes! And, you can save by doing so. When you pay annually, you save 1 month’s payment. Cha-ching!
- Will my service be interrupted?
We plan to have a perfectly seamless transition. (The team at Reliable Wireless have been wonderful to work with!) But sometimes the perfect plans can change quickly. If you experience any downtime, feel free to call us 24/7 at 419.942.1111 or 800.988.1618.
- Will my service change?
Yes! In the best way – more speed! Depending on the package level you were on with Reliable Wireless, we’ve placed you into a similar package. Your package speed will at least double, if not more!
We offer faster speed packages, too. Feel free to check out our wireless speeds to see what is available.
- Will I need different equipment?
No, not initially. Wabash will continually upgrade the existing network to improve your service quality. Wabash may reach out in the future to upgrade the outside antenna at your location.
- Am I able to get phone or TV service too?
Unfortunately, phone and TV services are not available to our wireless customers at this time. As other services become available, we’ll be sure to let you know.
- Can I get a static IP address?
Yes! Give us a call or send us an email and we can get this in place for you. Contact us.
- Do I get an email address?
Every Wabash internet customer receives up to five free emails upon beginning service. We’ve created one for you. Give us a call or check out the details on the information sheet that was mailed to you. To access this email account, go to mail.bright.net. You do not need to use this email address, but it’s there for your convenience – a perk with Wabash internet! Please feel free to use your current email address even for Wabash account related items, like SmartHub. Feel free to contact us if you have trouble logging in to your email account.
- Is internet service capped or unlimited?
UNLIMITED! And, the speed is never throttled below your service package. We want you to always have a consistent and great experience. If you ever feel the internet has slowed, give us a call.
- Do I have to take the speed you suggest?
We offer multiple internet speed levels to make the internet fit you. To see all of our wireless speeds, see our plans page. If you’d like to try a higher speed before you commit, we offer free 30-day trials of upgraded speeds.
- Do you have a referral program?
Yes, and we love when people use it! It’s simple. Refer a friend, neighbor, co-worker (anyone!) simply by having them mention your name when they call to order service. When service has been installed, you’ll both receive a $25 credit on your bill.
- How do I contact Wabash?
Phone: 419.942.1111 | 800.988.1618 (24/7)
Offices: 6670 Wabash Road, Celina, Ohio 45822 and 118 E Market Street, Celina, Ohio 45822
- Will you be offering 24/7 support?
Yes. Wabash is all about service. Our office hours may be Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm, but our phone line is always available. If you need service after hours, our 24/7 support phone line is 419.942.1111 or 800.988.1618 (tf).
- Are you on social media?
Yes, and we love followers! Find us on Facebook and Instagram: @WabashMutualTelephone